Skip to main content

Day 13 - Making Headlines

Day 13

Use the front page of a newspaper or cover of a magazine as materials or source of inspiration today.


 Stargazing Stinkbug

My inspiration came from the following National Geographic cover which I happened to observe in a Safeway supermarket:


Materials: Paper, glue, watercolor paint, colored card stock, paper board, toothpicks, sharpie marker
There are two bug constellations in the sky, a grub on the left and a beetle on the right.


The additional toothpick is my Dad's contribution
(to be fair, he also suggested the extension on the tripod)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Heian Book Report

I've started re-reading my Heian-era Japanese Literature books (all English translations) and thought I'd write a few thoughts about each while it's fresh in my mind. I started with Hojoki and Tsurezuregusa . So, this is just my announcement, you can read a bit more about my  Heian Obsession here  and I will post all of the book reports to this page .

Day 6 - Lizard

  The drawing of this lizard was interrupted by errands today but luckily I remembered to come back to it. The hubs walked in while I was working on it and said " ugh " (and actually flicked out his tongue much like a lizard)...which I suppose means that it looks real enough ;) ~January 6, 2022~ The Gallery for this Draw Something ( anything! ) Daily Challenge can be seen   HERE

Maceo

Last night I lost my beloved Maceo.  I've had him since he was six weeks old and he just turned 17 on April 1st.  I miss him dearly already. Rest well sweet boy.