Skip to main content

Day 106 - CS Day 29 - Do-over

"Ask someone you respect to look through your past month's work and select their favorite one. Revise or refine the work they selected for today's task"


I asked my friend L to choose one, and being as indecisive as I am, she gave me a choice of two.
So I did both of them, since they were relatively reasonable demands.

"I think you should either color Day 16 (because I love it) or add a background to Day 26 (to give more of an idea of what's going on)"


This one was also inspired by L's text.
Fiery searchers are metallic-colored. Hopefully I pulled that off.


"They can take away our flag, but they can never take away our freedom!"

"Run Miris!"
I imagined a screaming horde, outraged at the new flag decree, 
demanding the freedom to choose their own flag, 
and cheering on the rebel Miris as it runs off with an illegal flag.
(yep, that horde is clip art. I'm tired!).

I actually have no idea how the Swedish people really reacted in 1906.
Maybe they were fine with it and the law passed quietly?

Speaking of freedom, Happy Independence Day

[July 3, 2016]


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maceo

Last night I lost my beloved Maceo.  I've had him since he was six weeks old and he just turned 17 on April 1st.  I miss him dearly already. Rest well sweet boy.

The Heian Book Report

I've started re-reading my Heian-era Japanese Literature books (all English translations) and thought I'd write a few thoughts about each while it's fresh in my mind. I started with Hojoki and Tsurezuregusa . So, this is just my announcement, you can read a bit more about my  Heian Obsession here  and I will post all of the book reports to this page .

Day 104 CS Day 27 - Bee Spa

"Create something in collaboration with another CreativeSprinter Today" One of the Spa's clients For the 27th project, I consulted with my friend and fellow artist AS in New England. She works in a greenhouse and when asked via email what insect first came to mind, she wrote: "I think of BEES because I have been working in beeswax and I love what bees do and produce. Also, my coworker and I made a "Bee Spa" for all the fuzzy bumble bees that pass out on the ground (I think the colder temps make them sluggish?)...and we also have a "Bee Necropolis" where we lovingly put all the bees that have died." I was intrigued by both ideas - the spa and the necropolis, but decided I might have a better chance at depicting the spa. I asked AS what the Bee Spa looked like: "...[it] is a selection of lovely cut flowers with pollen offerings plus potted plants in a protected area where the bumbles will not be disturbed a...