Skip to main content

Day 10 - Start Something

"Start something and have someone else finish it for you. Bonus: work with another sprinter to accomplish this"


I started with this mud turtle pencil drawing.
My fellow sprinter, AS will finish it.


AS added the marvelous color and texture.
I love all the gold dots!

In her own words:

"The attempt was made to add subtle texture to [the] sketch. Turtle's shell is comprised of many tiny star-like symbolic turtles (the One made up of many) as a nod to his sacred role in some cultures and creation myths."

Her theme for CS is the celestial.

(October 10, 2016)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6 - Lizard

  The drawing of this lizard was interrupted by errands today but luckily I remembered to come back to it. The hubs walked in while I was working on it and said " ugh " (and actually flicked out his tongue much like a lizard)...which I suppose means that it looks real enough ;) ~January 6, 2022~ The Gallery for this Draw Something ( anything! ) Daily Challenge can be seen   HERE

The Heian Book Report

I've started re-reading my Heian-era Japanese Literature books (all English translations) and thought I'd write a few thoughts about each while it's fresh in my mind. I started with Hojoki and Tsurezuregusa . So, this is just my announcement, you can read a bit more about my  Heian Obsession here  and I will post all of the book reports to this page .

Maceo

Last night I lost my beloved Maceo.  I've had him since he was six weeks old and he just turned 17 on April 1st.  I miss him dearly already. Rest well sweet boy.