Skip to main content

Day 7 - Wonderfully Terrible

Day 7

Make something inspired by a guilty pleasure.


Day 7 - wonderfully terrible


This mixed media presentation is my homage to Linkin Park. They are terribly whiny, shouty, self-absorbed, and when I listen to them I think "Goodness! What dysfunctional relationships these guys have!" But if I'm in a foul mood it feels so great to belt out one of their songs in the car. My friend J once tried to convince me that Doritos had medicinal properties (junk food good for the soul?). This band is like medicinal Doritos. I printed out their first album cover (with a Buggin Park overlay....because, bugs!). I always thought the wings on this cover looked like dragonfly wings, so it easily fit into my insect theme. I gave the soldier a dragonfly head and an extra pair of arms. It involved some physical cutting and pasting and some work with a brown micron pen.

And this line's for the candy dish (day 5), which I also finished today:
"I tried so hard, and got so far, and in the end, it doesn't even matter!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maceo

Last night I lost my beloved Maceo.  I've had him since he was six weeks old and he just turned 17 on April 1st.  I miss him dearly already. Rest well sweet boy.

The Heian Book Report

I've started re-reading my Heian-era Japanese Literature books (all English translations) and thought I'd write a few thoughts about each while it's fresh in my mind. I started with Hojoki and Tsurezuregusa . So, this is just my announcement, you can read a bit more about my  Heian Obsession here  and I will post all of the book reports to this page .

Day 104 CS Day 27 - Bee Spa

"Create something in collaboration with another CreativeSprinter Today" One of the Spa's clients For the 27th project, I consulted with my friend and fellow artist AS in New England. She works in a greenhouse and when asked via email what insect first came to mind, she wrote: "I think of BEES because I have been working in beeswax and I love what bees do and produce. Also, my coworker and I made a "Bee Spa" for all the fuzzy bumble bees that pass out on the ground (I think the colder temps make them sluggish?)...and we also have a "Bee Necropolis" where we lovingly put all the bees that have died." I was intrigued by both ideas - the spa and the necropolis, but decided I might have a better chance at depicting the spa. I asked AS what the Bee Spa looked like: "...[it] is a selection of lovely cut flowers with pollen offerings plus potted plants in a protected area where the bumbles will not be disturbed a...