I make mini lino block prints, watercolors, and ink drawings mostly featuring cats, insects, reptiles, and amphibians...tiny art and life!
Search This Blog
Day 19 - Gift Economy
Day 19
Make something for another #CreativeSprint-er.
Dishcloth Moth Pin
Since I'm not on Facebook, Twitter, or other social media, I don't know any other Creative Sprinters, but my dear friend Moth asked me about it this morning, so I'm making a moth for her.
Materials: a dishcloth, brown India ink, thread, glue, metal pinback
Last night I lost my beloved Maceo. I've had him since he was six weeks old and he just turned 17 on April 1st. I miss him dearly already. Rest well sweet boy.
I've started re-reading my Heian-era Japanese Literature books (all English translations) and thought I'd write a few thoughts about each while it's fresh in my mind. I started with Hojoki and Tsurezuregusa . So, this is just my announcement, you can read a bit more about my Heian Obsession here and I will post all of the book reports to this page .
"Create something in collaboration with another CreativeSprinter Today" One of the Spa's clients For the 27th project, I consulted with my friend and fellow artist AS in New England. She works in a greenhouse and when asked via email what insect first came to mind, she wrote: "I think of BEES because I have been working in beeswax and I love what bees do and produce. Also, my coworker and I made a "Bee Spa" for all the fuzzy bumble bees that pass out on the ground (I think the colder temps make them sluggish?)...and we also have a "Bee Necropolis" where we lovingly put all the bees that have died." I was intrigued by both ideas - the spa and the necropolis, but decided I might have a better chance at depicting the spa. I asked AS what the Bee Spa looked like: "...[it] is a selection of lovely cut flowers with pollen offerings plus potted plants in a protected area where the bumbles will not be disturbed a...
Comments
Post a Comment