Skip to main content

Day 4 - Empty your Pockets

Day 4

Make something with the contents of your pockets or bag.


day 4 - empty your pockets


This assignment gave me a panic at first. There was nothing in my pockets (not even lint!), and most days I don't carry a bag so my bags were empty. What could I make with that?! So I thought...my wallet counts for a bag. I opened the wallet...money! I had $7.96 and used every last penny (even the Canadian one) to make this flowering plum branch with three origami leaves being visited by an origami butterfly and cicada. This project forced me to learn how to fold new origami :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Heian Book Report

I've started re-reading my Heian-era Japanese Literature books (all English translations) and thought I'd write a few thoughts about each while it's fresh in my mind. I started with Hojoki and Tsurezuregusa . So, this is just my announcement, you can read a bit more about my  Heian Obsession here  and I will post all of the book reports to this page .

Day 6 - Lizard

  The drawing of this lizard was interrupted by errands today but luckily I remembered to come back to it. The hubs walked in while I was working on it and said " ugh " (and actually flicked out his tongue much like a lizard)...which I suppose means that it looks real enough ;) ~January 6, 2022~ The Gallery for this Draw Something ( anything! ) Daily Challenge can be seen   HERE

Maceo

Last night I lost my beloved Maceo.  I've had him since he was six weeks old and he just turned 17 on April 1st.  I miss him dearly already. Rest well sweet boy.