Skip to main content

Day 20 - You are Awesome!

Day 20

Find a creative way to give someone a compliment.



I sent this to my good friend LJ via email, to which she replied: 
"HAHA...I love that! Such a helpful diagram!" 

It was the only bug-related compliment I could think of (and LJ is the bee's knees). Then I got to thinking about how odd a phrase "bee's knees" is. This informative and entertaining website helps explain its origins.

Materials: textured cardstock, wing printouts, acrylic paint, glue.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Heian Book Report

I've started re-reading my Heian-era Japanese Literature books (all English translations) and thought I'd write a few thoughts about each while it's fresh in my mind. I started with Hojoki and Tsurezuregusa . So, this is just my announcement, you can read a bit more about my  Heian Obsession here  and I will post all of the book reports to this page .

Maceo

Last night I lost my beloved Maceo.  I've had him since he was six weeks old and he just turned 17 on April 1st.  I miss him dearly already. Rest well sweet boy.

Day 6 - Lizard

  The drawing of this lizard was interrupted by errands today but luckily I remembered to come back to it. The hubs walked in while I was working on it and said " ugh " (and actually flicked out his tongue much like a lizard)...which I suppose means that it looks real enough ;) ~January 6, 2022~ The Gallery for this Draw Something ( anything! ) Daily Challenge can be seen   HERE