Skip to main content

Day 2 - Initial Inspiration

Day 2

Make something inspired by or using the letters of your first name (or your initials if you prefer).


day 2 - inspired by initials

Okay, squint a bit and you'll see it. It's a quick sketch of my initials, SAG, composed of a Snakefly, an Antlion, and a Green lacewing. Each of which also start with S-A-G and are all members of the order Neuroptera (as is the mantispid above). The green lacewing is laying eggs on the underside of a leaf because how else was I going to get a G shape out of it? It's a bit of  stretch, but those Google doodles do it all the time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Heian Book Report

I've started re-reading my Heian-era Japanese Literature books (all English translations) and thought I'd write a few thoughts about each while it's fresh in my mind. I started with Hojoki and Tsurezuregusa . So, this is just my announcement, you can read a bit more about my  Heian Obsession here  and I will post all of the book reports to this page .

Maceo

Last night I lost my beloved Maceo.  I've had him since he was six weeks old and he just turned 17 on April 1st.  I miss him dearly already. Rest well sweet boy.

Day 6 - Lizard

  The drawing of this lizard was interrupted by errands today but luckily I remembered to come back to it. The hubs walked in while I was working on it and said " ugh " (and actually flicked out his tongue much like a lizard)...which I suppose means that it looks real enough ;) ~January 6, 2022~ The Gallery for this Draw Something ( anything! ) Daily Challenge can be seen   HERE