Skip to main content

Day 14 - Road to Nowhere

Day 14

Walk for five minutes without any specific destination in mind, make something with or inspired by whatever is available where you end up.





I didn't follow the prompt exactly. My Dad and I hiked to the base of Tom's Thumb today, so the destination wasn't totally unknown (though I've never been there before) and it definitely didn't take five minutes to get up there! This beetle is made from plant material I found at the top when we arrived at the base of Tom's Thumb. There's a seed pod husk, dried up grasses, tiny flowers, and a succulent leaf. This was a rush job.


The monolith in the middle is Tom's Thumb, we hiked all the way around it. This was taken about halfway up the mountain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Heian Book Report

I've started re-reading my Heian-era Japanese Literature books (all English translations) and thought I'd write a few thoughts about each while it's fresh in my mind. I started with Hojoki and Tsurezuregusa . So, this is just my announcement, you can read a bit more about my  Heian Obsession here  and I will post all of the book reports to this page .

Maceo

Last night I lost my beloved Maceo.  I've had him since he was six weeks old and he just turned 17 on April 1st.  I miss him dearly already. Rest well sweet boy.

Day 6 - Lizard

  The drawing of this lizard was interrupted by errands today but luckily I remembered to come back to it. The hubs walked in while I was working on it and said " ugh " (and actually flicked out his tongue much like a lizard)...which I suppose means that it looks real enough ;) ~January 6, 2022~ The Gallery for this Draw Something ( anything! ) Daily Challenge can be seen   HERE