Skip to main content

Day 16 - Mantiss Everdeen

Mantiss Everdeen draws an arrow from her quiver
Apologies to Jennifer Lawrence

Well, I already went there with the Bug Files, so today I saw the final installment of the Hunger Games series with my sister and thought, what kind of insect would Katniss be? A mantis seemed the best choice, not just for the convenient pun, but because a mantis is a fierce warrior insect that is not too fond of the limelight; however, once in it does not always shy away.

This is a pencil drawing to which I added the painted-looking background via a photo editor.

As stated in the Bug Files post, adding hair to something not normally having hair is difficult. There are probably good reasons mantids do not have flowing locks...

[January 16, 2016]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Heian Book Report

I've started re-reading my Heian-era Japanese Literature books (all English translations) and thought I'd write a few thoughts about each while it's fresh in my mind. I started with Hojoki and Tsurezuregusa . So, this is just my announcement, you can read a bit more about my  Heian Obsession here  and I will post all of the book reports to this page .

Maceo

Last night I lost my beloved Maceo.  I've had him since he was six weeks old and he just turned 17 on April 1st.  I miss him dearly already. Rest well sweet boy.

Day 6 - Lizard

  The drawing of this lizard was interrupted by errands today but luckily I remembered to come back to it. The hubs walked in while I was working on it and said " ugh " (and actually flicked out his tongue much like a lizard)...which I suppose means that it looks real enough ;) ~January 6, 2022~ The Gallery for this Draw Something ( anything! ) Daily Challenge can be seen   HERE