Skip to main content

Day 25 - Crane Fly


Wasn't sure what to do for today. I looked at my messy desk and my eyes fell upon an origami crane.
 So here is a crane fly. 
Adults look like giant mosquitoes, but they only sip nectar if they eat at all.

***
I used a textured overlay to help hide the fact that I drew it too close to the others:

What can I say, I'm tired ;)


[January 25, 2016]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Heian Book Report

I've started re-reading my Heian-era Japanese Literature books (all English translations) and thought I'd write a few thoughts about each while it's fresh in my mind. I started with Hojoki and Tsurezuregusa . So, this is just my announcement, you can read a bit more about my  Heian Obsession here  and I will post all of the book reports to this page .

Maceo

Last night I lost my beloved Maceo.  I've had him since he was six weeks old and he just turned 17 on April 1st.  I miss him dearly already. Rest well sweet boy.

Day 6 - Lizard

  The drawing of this lizard was interrupted by errands today but luckily I remembered to come back to it. The hubs walked in while I was working on it and said " ugh " (and actually flicked out his tongue much like a lizard)...which I suppose means that it looks real enough ;) ~January 6, 2022~ The Gallery for this Draw Something ( anything! ) Daily Challenge can be seen   HERE