Skip to main content

Day 9 - Citrus Root Weevil

Diaprepes abbreviatus
Watercolors on Bristol, matted with origami paper (aizome chiyogami).

It's too bad this insect is an agricultural pest, I think they're beautiful! The colors I used are a slight exaggeration of a bluish-green one in my bug collection. A light reddish color is more common.

It is also a shame I was afraid to ruin the origami paper by cutting out the rest of the leg so that it would show. They have such adorable feet:


Side bar: This makes up for yesterday's toilet humor ;)

[January 9, 2016]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Heian Book Report

I've started re-reading my Heian-era Japanese Literature books (all English translations) and thought I'd write a few thoughts about each while it's fresh in my mind. I started with Hojoki and Tsurezuregusa . So, this is just my announcement, you can read a bit more about my  Heian Obsession here  and I will post all of the book reports to this page .

Maceo

Last night I lost my beloved Maceo.  I've had him since he was six weeks old and he just turned 17 on April 1st.  I miss him dearly already. Rest well sweet boy.

Day 6 - Lizard

  The drawing of this lizard was interrupted by errands today but luckily I remembered to come back to it. The hubs walked in while I was working on it and said " ugh " (and actually flicked out his tongue much like a lizard)...which I suppose means that it looks real enough ;) ~January 6, 2022~ The Gallery for this Draw Something ( anything! ) Daily Challenge can be seen   HERE