Skip to main content

Day 3 - Kid's Stuff: Don't Tease the Alligators

"Use a nursery rhyme or other children's song as your source material today"



I couldn't think of any reptile related children's rhymes, so I asked my sister since she's an elementary school teacher. She knew one!

"5 little monkeys swinging in a tree
teasing Mr. Alligator,
'Can't catch me!'

SNAP!

...4 little monkeys swinging in a tree..."


This is a mini diorama (everyone's favorite school project) made from origami paper, a mini jewelry box bottom, a pen, and glue.



I hate monkeys, so a nursery rhyme about monkeys getting eaten by an alligator was perfect.

(October 3, 2016)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Heian Book Report

I've started re-reading my Heian-era Japanese Literature books (all English translations) and thought I'd write a few thoughts about each while it's fresh in my mind. I started with Hojoki and Tsurezuregusa . So, this is just my announcement, you can read a bit more about my  Heian Obsession here  and I will post all of the book reports to this page .

Maceo

Last night I lost my beloved Maceo.  I've had him since he was six weeks old and he just turned 17 on April 1st.  I miss him dearly already. Rest well sweet boy.

Day 104 CS Day 27 - Bee Spa

"Create something in collaboration with another CreativeSprinter Today" One of the Spa's clients For the 27th project, I consulted with my friend and fellow artist AS in New England. She works in a greenhouse and when asked via email what insect first came to mind, she wrote: "I think of BEES because I have been working in beeswax and I love what bees do and produce. Also, my coworker and I made a "Bee Spa" for all the fuzzy bumble bees that pass out on the ground (I think the colder temps make them sluggish?)...and we also have a "Bee Necropolis" where we lovingly put all the bees that have died." I was intrigued by both ideas - the spa and the necropolis, but decided I might have a better chance at depicting the spa. I asked AS what the Bee Spa looked like: "...[it] is a selection of lovely cut flowers with pollen offerings plus potted plants in a protected area where the bumbles will not be disturbed a...