Skip to main content

Day 13 - Copycat

"Recreate a famous work of art in your own way"



"Lizard Happy Dance"

Based on Matisse's "La Danse II"


I'm actually not a big fan of Matisse, but for some reason it popped into my head when I read "famous work of art"

And who doesn't delight at the thought of dancing lizards?

This is acrylic paint on Bristol. 2.5" x 3.5"


I got behind on projects again...I'll be working on that today.

(October 15, 2016)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Heian Book Report

I've started re-reading my Heian-era Japanese Literature books (all English translations) and thought I'd write a few thoughts about each while it's fresh in my mind. I started with Hojoki and Tsurezuregusa . So, this is just my announcement, you can read a bit more about my  Heian Obsession here  and I will post all of the book reports to this page .

Maceo

Last night I lost my beloved Maceo.  I've had him since he was six weeks old and he just turned 17 on April 1st.  I miss him dearly already. Rest well sweet boy.

Day 6 - Lizard

  The drawing of this lizard was interrupted by errands today but luckily I remembered to come back to it. The hubs walked in while I was working on it and said " ugh " (and actually flicked out his tongue much like a lizard)...which I suppose means that it looks real enough ;) ~January 6, 2022~ The Gallery for this Draw Something ( anything! ) Daily Challenge can be seen   HERE