Skip to main content

Day 23: Stamped Stag Beetle


I seem to be making a lot of stag beetles this year. In 2016, it was preying mantids. Here I've taken my brush pen sketch from Day 12 and turned it into a stamp. I mostly use these to make greeting cards in my etsy shop. 

First I printed out a smaller version of my drawing and outlined it in pencil. Then I taped it face down to a piece of speedy carve, a rubber stamping material. 


Rubbing the opposite side with the pencil transfers the lines to the speedy carve.


I carve the outlines with my lino-cutting tool:


...and here is the finished stamp...




UPDATE!: I made mini greeting cards with this stamp which can be viewed in my shop HERE

[January 23, 2020]



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6 - Lizard

  The drawing of this lizard was interrupted by errands today but luckily I remembered to come back to it. The hubs walked in while I was working on it and said " ugh " (and actually flicked out his tongue much like a lizard)...which I suppose means that it looks real enough ;) ~January 6, 2022~ The Gallery for this Draw Something ( anything! ) Daily Challenge can be seen   HERE

The Heian Book Report

I've started re-reading my Heian-era Japanese Literature books (all English translations) and thought I'd write a few thoughts about each while it's fresh in my mind. I started with Hojoki and Tsurezuregusa . So, this is just my announcement, you can read a bit more about my  Heian Obsession here  and I will post all of the book reports to this page .

Maceo

Last night I lost my beloved Maceo.  I've had him since he was six weeks old and he just turned 17 on April 1st.  I miss him dearly already. Rest well sweet boy.