Skip to main content

Days 42 - 44: Sick Leave -or- Brushed Syrphid Fly


I have had the worst luck with getting sick this year. For the last 3 days I've had a very bad stomach virus and have either been miserable in bed or vomiting in the bathroom. I just got over a cold a couple days prior to getting this illness and I had another cold in December. I hope I'm done for a while. At any rate! Rather than add more horrid roach drawings (which I've been doing if I miss a day) I've decided to just lump the missed days here, and present this syrphid fly sketched with the brush pen. Simple. Done. Caught up!

Is it cheating? Perhaps...
[February 13, 2020]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Heian Book Report

I've started re-reading my Heian-era Japanese Literature books (all English translations) and thought I'd write a few thoughts about each while it's fresh in my mind. I started with Hojoki and Tsurezuregusa . So, this is just my announcement, you can read a bit more about my  Heian Obsession here  and I will post all of the book reports to this page .

Maceo

Last night I lost my beloved Maceo.  I've had him since he was six weeks old and he just turned 17 on April 1st.  I miss him dearly already. Rest well sweet boy.

Day 6 - Lizard

  The drawing of this lizard was interrupted by errands today but luckily I remembered to come back to it. The hubs walked in while I was working on it and said " ugh " (and actually flicked out his tongue much like a lizard)...which I suppose means that it looks real enough ;) ~January 6, 2022~ The Gallery for this Draw Something ( anything! ) Daily Challenge can be seen   HERE