Skip to main content

Day 70 - Beetle Binder


This actually took two days.

In April I will be presenting my shop (alongside other local Etsians) at the Orange County Library's Etsy event (just a note, I'm not allowed to sell anything there, but will be holding a raffle). My ongoing preparations include putting together a portfolio: this  6" x 8" three-ring binder of lino prints and ACEOs. I of course chose an insect for decorating the cover so that it would also count for Bug-A-Day. Multi-tasking! It is a paper mosaic of a tiger beetle; basically cut up, glued bits of paper. One of my older ACEOs served as a template.

[March 10, 2016]


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Heian Book Report

I've started re-reading my Heian-era Japanese Literature books (all English translations) and thought I'd write a few thoughts about each while it's fresh in my mind. I started with Hojoki and Tsurezuregusa . So, this is just my announcement, you can read a bit more about my  Heian Obsession here  and I will post all of the book reports to this page .

Maceo

Last night I lost my beloved Maceo.  I've had him since he was six weeks old and he just turned 17 on April 1st.  I miss him dearly already. Rest well sweet boy.

Day 104 CS Day 27 - Bee Spa

"Create something in collaboration with another CreativeSprinter Today" One of the Spa's clients For the 27th project, I consulted with my friend and fellow artist AS in New England. She works in a greenhouse and when asked via email what insect first came to mind, she wrote: "I think of BEES because I have been working in beeswax and I love what bees do and produce. Also, my coworker and I made a "Bee Spa" for all the fuzzy bumble bees that pass out on the ground (I think the colder temps make them sluggish?)...and we also have a "Bee Necropolis" where we lovingly put all the bees that have died." I was intrigued by both ideas - the spa and the necropolis, but decided I might have a better chance at depicting the spa. I asked AS what the Bee Spa looked like: "...[it] is a selection of lovely cut flowers with pollen offerings plus potted plants in a protected area where the bumbles will not be disturbed a...