Skip to main content

Day 9 - "Lean In"

 


Trying to learn from yesterday, I started on the sketch first thing this morning and the fox pup scratching his neck proved to be a good reminder that sometimes you should scrap what you're doing and start over (from "scratch" as it were).

As I began drinking my coffee, I began sketching. And it came out pretty bad, so I decided this needed a do-over. The second one (produced by my more caffeinated brain) is much better... not perfect, but at least I got the idea of motion into the drawing and that was mainly my goal this morning.


Failing can help you improve.
Also, caffeine is a miracle worker.

~January 9, 2022~

The Gallery for this Draw Something (anything!) Daily Challenge can be seen HERE


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maceo

Last night I lost my beloved Maceo.  I've had him since he was six weeks old and he just turned 17 on April 1st.  I miss him dearly already. Rest well sweet boy.

The Heian Book Report

I've started re-reading my Heian-era Japanese Literature books (all English translations) and thought I'd write a few thoughts about each while it's fresh in my mind. I started with Hojoki and Tsurezuregusa . So, this is just my announcement, you can read a bit more about my  Heian Obsession here  and I will post all of the book reports to this page .

Day 104 CS Day 27 - Bee Spa

"Create something in collaboration with another CreativeSprinter Today" One of the Spa's clients For the 27th project, I consulted with my friend and fellow artist AS in New England. She works in a greenhouse and when asked via email what insect first came to mind, she wrote: "I think of BEES because I have been working in beeswax and I love what bees do and produce. Also, my coworker and I made a "Bee Spa" for all the fuzzy bumble bees that pass out on the ground (I think the colder temps make them sluggish?)...and we also have a "Bee Necropolis" where we lovingly put all the bees that have died." I was intrigued by both ideas - the spa and the necropolis, but decided I might have a better chance at depicting the spa. I asked AS what the Bee Spa looked like: "...[it] is a selection of lovely cut flowers with pollen offerings plus potted plants in a protected area where the bumbles will not be disturbed a...