Skip to main content

Bloomin' Dirt Patch

I am excited to see some new blooms in the garden after the frost took out about a third of my plants!

Calendula officinalis  'Zeolights'

Dwarf Toadflax (Linaria maroccana)


Dianthus amurensis 'Siberian Blue' - the anthers are sky blue at least

Browallia americana - 
growing where it's not supposed to, but it's pretty so I leave it alone.

Vaccinium corymbosum - 'Sunshine Blue' Dwarf Blueberry
I acquired the blueberry last year... whence I enjoyed a bountiful harvest of one whole blueberry. I'm hoping for a bit more this year. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Heian Book Report

I've started re-reading my Heian-era Japanese Literature books (all English translations) and thought I'd write a few thoughts about each while it's fresh in my mind. I started with Hojoki and Tsurezuregusa . So, this is just my announcement, you can read a bit more about my  Heian Obsession here  and I will post all of the book reports to this page .

Maceo

Last night I lost my beloved Maceo.  I've had him since he was six weeks old and he just turned 17 on April 1st.  I miss him dearly already. Rest well sweet boy.

Day 6 - Lizard

  The drawing of this lizard was interrupted by errands today but luckily I remembered to come back to it. The hubs walked in while I was working on it and said " ugh " (and actually flicked out his tongue much like a lizard)...which I suppose means that it looks real enough ;) ~January 6, 2022~ The Gallery for this Draw Something ( anything! ) Daily Challenge can be seen   HERE